Sports and recreation
There are several sports clubs in Oegstgeest:
- Balletstudio 'Giselle'
- Bridgeclub Rijnland
- Bridgeclub for non-smokers 'De Schrandere Vos' - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Basketball Vereniging Oegstgeest (BVO)
- AJAX Sportman Combinatie afdeling Cricket
- Oegstgeester Gymnastiekvereniging O.G.A.V.
- Handboogvereniging Attila
- The Iga Warriors
- IJsclub Oegstgeest
- Korfbalvereniging C.K.V.Fiks
- Loopgroep Oegstgeest
- Leidsche Schermvereniging (Fencing club)
- Schaakvereniging Oegstgeest '80
- Sportschool Rob van der Hoorn
- Sportvereniging A.S.C.
- Oegstgeester Lawn Tennis Club (OLTC)
- Total Control, telephone: 0642 30 4041
- Oegstgeester Golfclub
- Vivax, zwemvereniging
- Volleybal Club Oegstgeest
- FC Oegstgeest
The Kagerzoom is a wetland and varied recreation area. It is perfect for walking and cycling. Through the adjacent waters Zijl, Groote Sloot, De Bak and the lake 't Joppa water sports are a favorite sports activity. Mills, reeds, water and grazing make the Kagerzoom a varied landscape.
If you want information about recreational activities please visit www.heerlijkbuiten.nl (Dutch).
The Klinkenberger Lake
The Klinkenberger Lake (60 acres) was created by obtaining sand by the Province. In the eighties, the recreational lake was established. The lake is ideal for swimmers and surfers. The bike and walking trails around the lake, the playground and lawn and picnic areas make Klinkenberger Lake an ideal area for a day out. For hikers with a dog that loves water, a special beach has been constructed. The pond provides fishers pike, perch, carp and roach. With a Fishing License and a day license you can fish here.
The Oegstgeest municipality has three scouting groups: the Satrya Sagara's, the Shawano's and the Scouting Derja. The Foundation Scouting Oegstgeest, the umbrella foundation of these three, receives a subsidy from the municipality. Worldwide Scouting is the largest youth organization with a total of about 38 million members spread over some 160 countries.